Dental Implants for a Beautiful Smile
Dr. Mark Kujiraoka has the experience and the expertise to advise you when it comes to dental implants whether you are already wearing dentures, have missing teeth, or have been told that you need to replace your old worn out teeth.
Dental implants are titanium posts that Dr. Kujiraoka will surgically place in your jawbone. After healing, artificial teeth will be placed over the top of the post giving you a beautiful new smile that is just as strong as your natural teeth.
Dental implants are used to replace one or more teeth and can be used for a lower or upper full set of teeth. If you need a full arch, ask your dentist about the all on four dental implant treatment that uses four dental implants that are attached to a full arch.
Dental Implants and Bone Loss
These days it is entirely possible to have dental implants even if you have bone loss. Thanks to modern 21st century dental technology, your dentist may recommend bone grafting if you are suffering from jawbone loss.
Dental implant surgery is normally done on an outpatient basis, and involves the following:
- Removing the damaged tooth
- Jawbone preparation for surgery, which may or may not involve bone grafting
- Once the jawbone has healed, Mak DDS will place the implant post into your jawbone
Dental Implant surgery may be the right choice for your situation if you:
- Have one or multiple missing teeth
- Have full growth in your jawbone
- Have adequate bone for support, or can have bone grafting
- Have healthy gums
- Are free from health conditions that could affect healing
- Can’t or won’t wear dentures
- Willing to make the commitment
If the thought of wearing dentures for missing teeth is something that you want to avoid, call or click and schedule a no obligation consultation with Dr. Kujiraoka from Mak DDS today.